Quality relationships are critical to a child's mental wellness
Research shows that:
- Up to 1 in 5 Canadian kids are affected by a mental health issue.
- Fifty per cent of adults with mental wellness issues report that the problem started before 14 years of age.
- Only 50 per cent of Canadian kids in grade 6 report a high level of emotional well-being. That number drops to 26 per cent by grade 10.
- Youth mental disorders are ranked 2nd highest in hospital expenditure care in Canada
- The presence of a strong parent/child relationship matters in 23 of 24 health behaviours for kids, including emotional wellness, making healthy choices, and positive social interactions.
We have developed a new public service message and infographic video series that will provide you with tips, suggestions and strategies to help support your child's mental well-being.
The Psychology Foundation of Canada is our official resource partner. We are proud to have this partnership and are supportive of their resources. We encourage you to access their Parenting for Life materials by clicking here.
As a proud partner of Kids Help Phone, we are supportive of their resources as well and encourage you to click here to visit their website .